Campaign Legal Center Receives MacArthur Foundation Award for Creative & Effective Institutions
To read the 2014 Harold Levinthal Lecture delieverd by retired Justice John Paul Stevens on September 12, 2014, click here.
The Legal Center has 10 years' experience defending and enforcing campaign finance, election and ethics laws. There’s a lot to explain and keep straight given recent developments with Super PACs, changing laws, Citizens United, etc. We think our reports, papers, and other documents will help you understand the different elements at play this cycle and how to make sense of it all.
To watch Legal Center president Trevor Potter's numerous appearances on The Colbert Report, click here.
(AP Photo/Cliff Owen)
Stephen Colbert Helps Dedicate the Ham Rove Memorial Conference Room at the Campaign Legal Center
To read the press release about the dedication, click here.
J. Gerald Hebert Condemns the Supreme Court’s Shelby County v. Holder Decision Deeming Key Provisions of the Voting Rights Act Unconstitutional
“Elections for Sale” - to watch Trevor Potter on Bill Moyers & Company, click here.
"Big Sky, Big Money" - to watch Trevor Potter in the PBS Frontline investigative report, click here.
Groups Support Voter-Passed Arizona Redistricting Commission in Supreme Court Challenge by Legislature
Today in Arizona State Legislature v. Arizona Independent Redistricting Commission, groups advocating representative democracy filed an amici brief in the United States Supreme Court in support of an Arizona state constitutional amendment passed by voters giving an independent commission responsibility over congressional redistricting. The law is being challenged by the Arizona State Legislature, which engaged in a series of extreme political gerrymanders that led voters to approve the creation of an independent redistricting commission.
http://www.campaignlegalcenter.org/templates/clcsubstemplate/images/button.png); width: 405px; right: 0px; clip: rect(auto auto auto 403px); white-space: nowrap;"
http://www.campaignlegalcenter.org/templates/clcsubstemplate/images/button.png); width: 405px; right: 0px; clip: rect(auto auto auto 403px); white-space: nowrap;">
LATEST CLC UPDATE
LATEST PRESS RELEASES
- Groups Support Voter-Passed Arizona Redistricting Commission in Supreme Court Challenge by Legislature
- Watchdogs File Comments in Post-McCutcheon FEC Rulemaking
- Election Law Practicum at Georgetown University Law Center Will Aid Campaign Legal Center Litigation
LATEST NEWS CLIPS
- Chicago Tribune: How do 'blind trust' procedures announced by Rauner work?
- USA Today: Activists press Obama to curb secret political spending
- MSNBC: ‘Citizens United’ fallout ‘more dangerous’ than expected
- Star-Ledger: Most campaign cash to N.J. House members came from out-of-state donors
- Bloomberg: Apple Steps Up Lobbying in Washington Amid Push Into Health Apps