Campaign Legal Center Receives MacArthur Foundation Award for Creative & Effective Institutions
To read the 2014 Harold Levinthal Lecture delieverd by retired Justice John Paul Stevens on September 12, 2014, click here.
The Legal Center has 10 years' experience defending and enforcing campaign finance, election and ethics laws. There’s a lot to explain and keep straight given recent developments with Super PACs, changing laws, Citizens United, etc. We think our reports, papers, and other documents will help you understand the different elements at play this cycle and how to make sense of it all.
To watch Legal Center president Trevor Potter's numerous appearances on The Colbert Report, click here.
(AP Photo/Cliff Owen)
Stephen Colbert Helps Dedicate the Ham Rove Memorial Conference Room at the Campaign Legal Center
To read the press release about the dedication, click here.
J. Gerald Hebert Condemns the Supreme Court’s Shelby County v. Holder Decision Deeming Key Provisions of the Voting Rights Act Unconstitutional
“Elections for Sale” - to watch Trevor Potter on Bill Moyers & Company, click here.
"Big Sky, Big Money" - to watch Trevor Potter in the PBS Frontline investigative report, click here.
Today, in Justice v. Hosemann, the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit reversed a trial court ruling that had struck down several Mississippi disclosure requirements as applied to certain individuals and groups engaged in ballot measure advocacy. The Campaign Legal Center had filed an amicus brief and later a supplemental letter brief in the case urging this result.
http://www.campaignlegalcenter.org/templates/clcsubstemplate/images/button.png); width: 405px; right: 0px; clip: rect(auto auto auto 403px); white-space: nowrap;"
http://www.campaignlegalcenter.org/templates/clcsubstemplate/images/button.png); width: 405px; right: 0px; clip: rect(auto auto auto 403px); white-space: nowrap;">
LATEST CLC UPDATE
LATEST PRESS RELEASES
- Fifth Circuit Reverses Lower Court and Restores Mississippi Disclosure Requirements
- FCC Complaint Filed Against Disney-Owned ABC Affiliate in Chicago for Ignoring Warnings of Violations of Ad Disclosure Rule
- Legal Center Welcomes Joshua Bone, New Legal Fellow
LATEST NEWS CLIPS
- Huffington Post: Democrats Used Twitter, Too, To Coordinate With Outside Groups
- Washington Times: Senate pockets more than $4 million of campaign cash
- USA Today: Did Republicans use Twitter to break campaign rules?
- CNN: How the GOP used Twitter to stretch election laws
- Chicago Sun-Times: Probes linger for years at House Ethics Committee