Campaign Legal Center Receives MacArthur Foundation Award for Creative & Effective Institutions
Supreme Court Challenge to Aggregate Contribution Limits Could Radically Reshape the Financing of Federal Elections
"Since Buckley, the Court has had multiple opportunities to revisit the constitutionality of federal limits on contributions, and for almost 40 years has refused to do so." - Trevor Potter
To read Trevor Potter's opening remarks at a National Press Club on the potential repercussions of McCutcheon v. FEC, click here.
The Legal Center has 10 years' experience defending and enforcing campaign finance, election and ethics laws. There’s a lot to explain and keep straight given recent developments with Super PACs, changing laws, Citizens United, etc. We think our reports, papers, and other documents will help you understand the different elements at play this cycle and how to make sense of it all.
J. Gerald Hebert Condemns the Supreme Court’s Shelby County v. Holder Decision Deeming Key Provisions of the Voting Rights Act Unconstitutional
Comedian Stephen Colbert Helps Dedicate the Ham Rove Memorial Conference Room at the Campaign Legal Center
To read the press release about the dedication, click here.
To watch Legal Center president Trevor Potter's numerous appearances on The Colbert Report, click here.
(AP Photo/Cliff Owen)
“Elections for Sale” - to watch Trevor Potter on Bill Moyers & Company, click here.
"Big Sky, Big Money" - to watch Trevor Potter in the PBS Frontline investigative report, click here.
Watchdog Groups Challenge House Ways and Means Committee Letter Claiming IRS Pursuit of Crossroads GPS was Improper
Statement of Campaign Legal Center Executive Director J. Gerald Hebert and Democracy 21 President Fred Wertheimer
Yesterday, House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Dave Camp sent a letter to the Justice Department stating that former IRS official Lois Lerner may have violated criminal statutes and asking the Department to act on the findings within the letter.
http://www.campaignlegalcenter.org/templates/clcsubstemplate/images/button.png); width: 405px; right: 0px; clip: rect(auto auto auto 403px); white-space: nowrap;"
http://www.campaignlegalcenter.org/templates/clcsubstemplate/images/button.png); width: 405px; right: 0px; clip: rect(auto auto auto 403px); white-space: nowrap;">
LATEST CLC UPDATE
LATEST PRESS RELEASES
- Watchdog Groups Challenge House Ways and Means Committee Letter Claiming IRS Pursuit of Crossroads GPS was Improper
- FCC Takes Important Step for Transparency in Political Advertising
- SCOTUS McCutcheon v. FEC Decision: Statement of J. Gerald Hebert, Legal Center Executive Director
LATEST NEWS CLIPS
- Sacramento Bee: In political scandal, good government advocates see opening for ethics, campaign finance changes
- PunditFact: Is IRS Obama's Watergate?
- Washington Post: Did McCain-Feingold work? These guys say no.
- Houston Chronicle: Unusual campaign loans dog Canseco in tough U.S. House race
- Huffington Post: Republican Outrage At IRS Is All About Protecting Karl Rove, Dark Money, Dems Say