Pardon Information


If you have been convicted of a disqualifying felony and you are not eligible for a CERV petition, you may still be able to restore your right to vote by seeking a pardon from the Board of Pardons and Paroles. You are not eligible for a pardon if you have been convicted of treason, impeachment, or if a death sentence has been imposed and not commuted.

You can request a pardon, in writing (The Alabama Board of Pardons and Paroles, P.O. Box 302405, Montgomery, Al 36130-2405), on the phone (334-353-7771 or 334-353-8067), or over email (

More information on pardons can be found on the website for the Board of Pardons and Paroles here.

Disclaimer: This toolkit is not an offer of legal services or legal advice. The website serves to provide information to make rights restoration accessible for Alabama citizens with felony convictions. We cannot guarantee that by following these steps that your voting rights will be restored; that power ultimately rests with the Alabama Board of Pardons and Paroles. The information only applies to rights restoration for Alabama citizens; other states have different laws.

Return to start.

Get Updates