Campaign Legal Center Receives MacArthur Foundation Award for Creative & Effective Institutions
To read the 2014 Harold Levinthal Lecture delieverd by retired Justice John Paul Stevens on September 12, 2014, click here.
The Legal Center has 10 years' experience defending and enforcing campaign finance, election and ethics laws. There’s a lot to explain and keep straight given recent developments with Super PACs, changing laws, Citizens United, etc. We think our reports, papers, and other documents will help you understand the different elements at play this cycle and how to make sense of it all.
To watch Legal Center president Trevor Potter's numerous appearances on The Colbert Report, click here.
(AP Photo/Cliff Owen)
Stephen Colbert Helps Dedicate the Ham Rove Memorial Conference Room at the Campaign Legal Center
To read the press release about the dedication, click here.
J. Gerald Hebert Condemns the Supreme Court’s Shelby County v. Holder Decision Deeming Key Provisions of the Voting Rights Act Unconstitutional
“Elections for Sale” - to watch Trevor Potter on Bill Moyers & Company, click here.
"Big Sky, Big Money" - to watch Trevor Potter in the PBS Frontline investigative report, click here.
Last night, in New York Republican State Committee v. SEC, the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia dismissed a challenge to an SEC pay-to-pay rule. The regulation bars investment firms from managing state assets for two years after a firm or its associates make more than de minimis contributions to officeholders or candidates in a position to award investment contracts. The lawsuit was brought by the state Republican parties of New York and Tennessee, both of which argued that the rule indirectly affected their fundraising, and burdened their members and candidates.
http://www.campaignlegalcenter.org/templates/clcsubstemplate/images/button.png); width: 405px; right: 0px; clip: rect(auto auto auto 403px); white-space: nowrap;"
http://www.campaignlegalcenter.org/templates/clcsubstemplate/images/button.png); width: 405px; right: 0px; clip: rect(auto auto auto 403px); white-space: nowrap;">
LATEST CLC UPDATE
LATEST PRESS RELEASES
- Court Dismisses Challenge to SEC’s Pay-to-Play Rules Covering State Investment Funds
- District Court Urged to Reject Challenge to Colorado Disclosure Provisions for Electioneering Communications
- 7th Circuit Overturns Ruling Halting ‘John Doe’ Investigation of Gov. Walker’s Campaign in Wisconsin
LATEST NEWS CLIPS
- Minnesota Public Radio: Sen. Franken, challenger McFadden complain about big money but still rake it in
- Politico: How Sen. Kay Hagan’s husband won stimulus cash
- KTRH: Vote ID Lawsuit in Judge's Hands
- National Journal: Why Won't Democrats Talk About Obama's Fundraising?
- Huffington Post: Walmart's Plan To Encourage Political Donations Violates Election Law, Groups Claim