Campaign Legal Center Receives MacArthur Foundation Award for Creative & Effective Institutions
The Legal Center has 10 years' experience defending and enforcing campaign finance, election and ethics laws. There’s a lot to explain and keep straight given recent developments with Super PACs, changing laws, Citizens United, etc. We think our reports, papers, and other documents will help you understand the different elements at play this cycle and how to make sense of it all.
To watch Legal Center president Trevor Potter's numerous appearances on The Colbert Report, click here.
(AP Photo/Cliff Owen)
Stephen Colbert Helps Dedicate the Ham Rove Memorial Conference Room at the Campaign Legal Center
To read the press release about the dedication, click here.
J. Gerald Hebert Condemns the Supreme Court’s Shelby County v. Holder Decision Deeming Key Provisions of the Voting Rights Act Unconstitutional
“Elections for Sale” - to watch Trevor Potter on Bill Moyers & Company, click here.
"Big Sky, Big Money" - to watch Trevor Potter in the PBS Frontline investigative report, click here.
District Court Urged to Reject Challenge to Disclosure Provisions Upheld by Supreme Court in Citizens United
Today, the Campaign Legal Center, joined by Democracy 21 and Public Citizen, filed an amici brief in Independence Institute v. Federal Election Commission (FEC), urging the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia to dismiss a challenge to the federal “electioneering communications” disclosure provisions upheld by the Supreme Court as recently as the 2010 Citizens Uniteddecision.
http://www.campaignlegalcenter.org/templates/clcsubstemplate/images/button.png); width: 405px; right: 0px; clip: rect(auto auto auto 403px); white-space: nowrap;"
http://www.campaignlegalcenter.org/templates/clcsubstemplate/images/button.png); width: 405px; right: 0px; clip: rect(auto auto auto 403px); white-space: nowrap;">
LATEST CLC UPDATE
LATEST PRESS RELEASES
- District Court Urged to Reject Challenge to Disclosure Provisions Upheld by Supreme Court in Citizens United
- House Leaders Urged to Publicly Commit to OCE’s Continued Existence in 114th Congress
- Watchdog Groups Call on IRS to Adopt New Rules to Prevent Tax Laws from Being Misused to Hide Donors Financing Campaign Activities in 2016 Elections
LATEST NEWS CLIPS
- Washington Post: Top Harry Reid advisers build big-money firewall to protect Senate Democrats
- The Star Democrat: Md. campaign finance complaints stack up as Election Day nears
- National Journal: FLIGHT RISKS
- Austin American-Statesman: Lawmakers absent from Texas voter ID trial
- Politico: State of political consulting: Rapid growth, long hours, new approaches