Jobs & Internships
Interested in joining the Campaign Legal Center’s (CLC) staff as we protect the right to vote and defend our democracy from the corrupting influence of big money? The CLC is an equal opportunity employer, which welcomes qualified applicants of all races, ethnicities, physical abilities, genders, and sexual orientations.
The CLC offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits. Please review the current job openings. We encourage you to revisit this page regularly, as we post new positions here first.
About The Campaign Legal Center
The Campaign Legal Center (CLC), a nonpartisan democracy reform organization based in Washington, D.C., seeks to improve American democracy and protect the fundamental right every citizen to participate in the political process. CLC is home to the nation’s premier election law experts and is the only organization in the field exclusively dedicated to working through the entire cycle of democracy reform including: conceptualizing and advising on the drafting of laws, fighting for enforcement of the laws once passed and defending these laws when challenged. Through our work, CLC aims to ensure that every American has the right to fully participate in shaping the laws and policies that directly impact their lives.
CLC is currently experiencing an historic and exciting growth, and as a result, is fortunate to have a rapidly increasing and diverse revenue portfolio. The Development Assistant position will be a critical member of a small development team and will be primarily responsible for collaborating/working with and enabling the Chief Development Officer (CDO) in carrying out the implementation of fundraising and development activities for CLC. In addition to supporting the CDO, the Development Assistant will work cross-organizationally to leverage program work and updates for fundraising and reporting. This position requires strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize as well as multi-task.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Processes gifts and facilitates acknowledgements, quickly and promptly. Updates constituent information, and tracks pledge payments in DonorPerfect
• Manages database
• Drafts short writing assignments, such as acknowledgement letters and customized short correspondence with donors. Proofreads other development colleagues’ documents as requested
• Provides assistance with special events, mailings, meetings, day-of activities, and follow-up activities
• Maintains development department files and materials
• Provides general administrative support to the CDO
• Assists in the production and distribution of newsletters, reports, and other communications materials to donors and supporters
• Assists with researching prospective donors and preparing briefing memos
• Maintains electronic files
• Coordinates and collaborates closely with communications
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in administration, development or marketing
• Excellent writing skills
• Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and in Web-based searches
• Knowledge and experience with donor databases (DonorPerfect preferred)
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, both written and verbal; personable and outgoing
• Capacity to take initiative, prioritize duties, and work independently while functioning as a member of a team
• Highly organized, superior attention to detail and follow-through; ability to organize others.
• Creative, energetic thinker, willing to jump in as a team member on diverse efforts
• Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
• Interest in pursuing a career in the development field
• Excellent sense of humor
Please submit a cover letter and resume addressing your interest in and relevant experience for this role with the position heading in the subject line to email@example.com.
The Campaign Legal Center (CLC) is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, height, weight, or marital status in employment or the provision of services and benefits.
There are currently no internship opportunities.