Jobs & Internships
Interested in joining the Campaign Legal Center’s (CLC) staff as we protect the right to vote and defend our democracy from the corrupting influence of big money? CLC is an equal opportunity employer, which welcomes qualified applicants of all races, ethnicities, physical abilities, genders, and sexual orientations.
CLC offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits. Please review the current job openings. We encourage you to revisit this page regularly, as we post new positions here first.
Jump ahead to the job posting that interests you most:
CLC participates in a variety of trial and appellate court cases around the country involving campaign finance, voting rights, redistricting, and other aspects of election and ethics law, both to ensure the proper implementation of laws and to defend laws against legal challenges.
The Paralegal will be a key member of CLC’s litigation team, supporting all of CLC’s trial and appellate litigation. The Paralegal will work with CLC’s litigation attorneys to finalize and submit court filings, prepare documents for depositions and trials, and maintain CLC’s litigation case files.
- Prepare documents for court filing, including by:
- Formatting documents according to court-specific requirements.
- Creating tables of contents and tables of authorities.
- Attaching exhibits and appendices.
- Preparing final electronic and paper filings pursuant to applicable court rules.
- File court documents.
- Contact court clerks’ offices when necessary.
- Assist with deposition, pretrial, and trial preparation (e.g., preparing exhibits and attachments).
- Create and maintain electronic case files.
- Provide similar legal assistance to non-litigation attorneys as required, such as reviewing draft legislative language and citation-checking documents to be filed with government agencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least one year of experience as a paralegal — or in a comparable litigation-support position — at a law firm, advocacy organization, government agency, or other entity engaged in federal litigation.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to organize, and assist others in maintaining, litigation case files.
- Knowledge of legal citation formats.
- Familiarity with federal court dockets (PACER) and filing systems (ECF).
- Experience preparing exhibits for depositions and/or trials.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, including applying Styles and other formatting features, and Adobe Acrobat (e.g., redacting documents, Bates-stamping, etc.)
- Demonstrated interest in public-interest legal work is desirable, but not required.
The Campaign Legal Center (CLC) is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, height, weight, or marital status in employment or the provision of services and benefits.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and résumé addressing your interest in and relevant experience for this role with "Paralegal Application" in the subject line to email@example.com.
Meet our 2017 summer intern class!